Tic Tac Toe 3D

Show us what you're making.

Tic Tac Toe 3D

Postby Buck_7 » December 25th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Hiya guys! And Merry Christmas 8-)

So a while ago I had been working on a game called Tic Tac Toe 3D which is based of the physical version of the 3D Tic Tac Toe game. This game uses the DSGMlib. As of now, the versus computer mode is not fully functional since I was not yet able to complete the computer's moves, however, the versus human mode is easily playable.

The interface should be pretty much self-explanatory: rotate the board using the stylus and switch layers by selecting one of the three layer buttons on the left hand side of the screen or by holding either left or right. Depending what layer you are currently viewing, the board will show what pieces are on that specific layer.

You may zoom in or out to get a better perspective by using the zoom slider button on the right side of the screen or by holing up or down.

To toggle the pause menu, press start and you will have two options giving you choices to resume or suspend the game.

In case you're interested you may take a look at the source on GitHub:
https://github.com/PrismaNano/TicTacToe3D

It will be a while if not never before I complete coding this but I'm really close :twisted:
If there are any coders experienced/proficient in the language of C and are interested in contributing to the completion of this project, please contact me. I am kinda stuck :?

TicTacToe3D.nds
(818 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by Buck_7 on December 29th, 2015, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buck_7

Re: Tic Tac Toe 3D

Postby Scout » December 29th, 2015, 2:51 am

I won't be able to test it out at the moment, but it looks awesome! You're doing a wonderful job with Tic Tac Toe 3D! Can't wait to play it. ;)
NDS Menu Example :In progress... 48% finished.
Estimated File Size: 3 MB
File Size Now: 1.56 MB
Estimated Days Until Finished: 00/00/2016
Menu Project On Halt: Busy at the moment...
Scout

Postby Scout » December 31st, 2015, 10:43 pm

Wait, how do you use the "Makefile" with DS GameMaker? I've noticed this "Makefile" with a lot of other files.
Scout

Postby Buck_7 » January 1st, 2016, 6:02 pm

The makefile holds information used for telling the compiler which source files you want to compile. It also holds information such as the title/header you want your game to have. If you're trying to compile the project from the github site, just enter "make" into the command prompt after reaching the folder's directory.
Buck_7

Postby Scout » January 4th, 2016, 2:55 am

I was just wondering how to open the NDS examples which are located in the devkitPro files. However, from the information you gave me, I was able to opened the examples by using the makefile. Though, I wasn't able to open the examples with DS GameMaker. :?
Scout

Postby Buck_7 » January 5th, 2016, 9:36 pm

That's because you can only open dsgm files using DSGM, obviously. What you can do though, is make an object and place the code found from the source file from the palib examples into an execute code action in the Step Event. Alternatively you may place the code into a script - it's the same thing, just be sure to check off the parse DBAS check box if you do paste the code into the script.
Buck_7

Postby Scout » January 5th, 2016, 11:07 pm

Hmmm, that's quite interesting. I should try doing that after I fix my menu errors.

By the way, I played your Tic Tac Toe Nintendo DS Game... it's amazing!!! As a matter of fact, I think you blew everyone out of the water on this one! Sadly, I probably won't ever be a wonderful coder like yourself and won't be able to help. :cry: ... However, I wish you the best of luck. ;)
Scout

Return to Work In Progress