Mario Craft (The Mario Minecraft)

If you created something quickly in DSGM 'just for fun', post it here. Please post the .DSGM project too.

Re: Mario Craft (The Mario Minecraft)

Postby dice99 » September 9th, 2011, 6:05 pm

when is the next version coming i reaLLY SPEND AL MY FREE TIME IN IT
dice99

Postby Sonic The Hedgehog » September 10th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Could you send me the source code I would like to learn more about how it works.
Sonic is gone for good as far as I know.
Or is he?
Spoiler: show
Probably
Sonic The Hedgehog

Postby superfisher87 » September 11th, 2011, 6:24 pm

dice99 wrote:when is the next version coming i reaLLY SPEND AL MY FREE TIME IN IT

the project is dead now because DSCraft is the 3D minecraft for DS It's much better you guys always wanted a 3d minecraft and you can change the texture pack's if you want here's a Super mario bros 3D texture pack i found.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4bkskmjjsg11j42

sorry Nobody i like dscraft now it's fun made a castle,my house,pyramid.
superfisher87

Postby Bobbyloujo » September 11th, 2011, 6:45 pm

A project doesn't die just because there's another similar project.
Bobbyloujo
Site Admin

Postby albertoha94 » September 13th, 2011, 11:45 am

Bobbyloujo wrote:A project doesn't die just because there's another similar project.

Agree I thnk it'll be the opposite, if you see someone is trying to make the same game than you, you must try to make yours faster and better if you want it to be recognized as a better game that the other.
I'm back!... I guess..
Ready and reloaded!
albertoha94

Postby Sonic The Hedgehog » September 13th, 2011, 5:09 pm

Nobody hasn't been around lately I wonder what he's doing...
Or is he?
Probably
Sonic The Hedgehog

Postby Nobody » September 15th, 2011, 9:50 pm

i've been busy so i haven't been able to do anything. As far as mario craft goes, i might not do anymore to it, maybe long down the road, but don't expect anything new. However, i don't think my version will die. The 2d style is still nice. The main thing i need to do for this game is change the block system.

yoshi, bobby, whoever can help. I would i draw on the background, because the only way to get rid of the block limit right now is to use a collision map. I can do a basic collision map, that's not the hard part. The hard part is having to draw onto the collision map so that i can change the environment around. This would mean that i would have to draw several pixels on both the collision map, and the world that you see. With that i don't have to worry about object limits and only use objects when needed (enemies, moving blocks, ect.) Someone please help. If i can't do the above then there won't be much point to do anything to the game
Feel free to ask me for help. I'm on the forum a lot.

Recent Projects:
Retro Ducks: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3533 (latest)
The Living Dead 2: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3483
Crafters DS (Minecraft 2D Clone!) viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3082
Nobody

Postby Nobody » September 16th, 2011, 7:53 pm

YoshiInAVoid wrote:Use backgrounds. For best memory useage, make sure that your background just repeates 8X8 patterns (tiles).

that wouldn't quite help. That will just repeat one graphic, i need to be able to have the player selectively place, erase, and move blocks which a premade background won't allow you to do; so i need to draw on it.

Recent Projects:
Nobody

Postby albertoha94 » September 17th, 2011, 2:24 am

Nobody wrote:
YoshiInAVoid wrote:Use backgrounds. For best memory useage, make sure that your background just repeates 8X8 patterns (tiles).

that wouldn't quite help. That will just repeat one graphic, i need to be able to have the player selectively place, erase, and move blocks which a premade background won't allow you to do; so i need to draw on it.

what about drawing your own backgrounds??
I'm back!... I guess..
Ready and reloaded!
albertoha94

Postby Nobody » September 17th, 2011, 8:11 pm

albertoha94 wrote:
Nobody wrote:

having premade backgrounds defeats the purpose of having an open world to recreate in your own image. I looked into drawing the pixels onto the background, and it is possible. On the downside the biggest drawing size i can make is 256x256 which is a really small size. So if i try hard enough i can make a system that saves block positions and loads them as they are needed. That would be really complicated and i'm not sure how well i could get it done myself.

Also, didn't someone want to know how i made this or was i just imaging things? Whoever would like to know how i made this just say something.

Recent Projects:
Nobody

Postby albertoha94 » September 17th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Nobody wrote:
albertoha94 wrote:
Nobody wrote:

having premade backgrounds defeats the purpose of having an open world to recreate in your own image. I looked into drawing the pixels onto the background, and it is possible. On the downside the biggest drawing size i can make is 256x256 which is a really small size. So if i try hard enough i can make a system that saves block positions and loads them as they are needed. That would be really complicated and i'm not sure how well i could get it done myself.

Also, didn't someone want to know how i made this or was i just imaging things? Whoever would like to know how i made this just say something.

We'll I'll ike to know cause I would love to do a castlevania craft :)
I'm back!... I guess..
Ready and reloaded!
albertoha94

Postby Nobody » September 18th, 2011, 4:31 am

Well here is a really brief summary of what i did:
The platform engine was easy. It was just sprite collision, to be more specific object underline code. So i didn't have to make a bunch of if's to make gravity for all the block types i simply made two different sprites for all the different block types (excluding enemies). Based on what object you were planting it would change the outward appearance. Last but not least the hardest part which still wasn't that hard to figure out (would be extremely difficult to those illogical thinkers), is the grid system for the blocks. I needed to make a snap to grid function so that the blocks would all be created evenly. So i used math to calculate were i tapped and figure out what value i needed to add to move it to the next grid sqaure (this took a while to think of. I randomly came across this working idea in like 20 minutes. if you want specifics i can add that later). Next, i had to account for the offset of the camera which took me like 10 minutes or less to install. Moving the blocks works along the same guidelines as planting one.

If you guys would like a better explanation or an example i could post it. I would love to see someone take this to the next level.

Recent Projects:
Nobody

Postby Sonic The Hedgehog » September 18th, 2011, 9:43 am

Nobody wrote:Well here is a really brief summary of what i did:
The platform engine was easy. It was just sprite collision, to be more specific object underline code. So i didn't have to make a bunch of if's to make gravity for all the block types i simply made two different sprites for all the different block types (excluding enemies). Based on what object you were planting it would change the outward appearance. Last but not least the hardest part which still wasn't that hard to figure out (would be extremely difficult to those illogical thinkers), is the grid system for the blocks. I needed to make a snap to grid function so that the blocks would all be created evenly. So i used math to calculate were i tapped and figure out what value i needed to add to move it to the next grid sqaure (this took a while to think of. I randomly came across this working idea in like 20 minutes. if you want specifics i can add that later). Next, i had to account for the offset of the camera which took me like 10 minutes or less to install. Moving the blocks works along the same guidelines as planting one.

If you guys would like a better explanation or an example i could post it. I would love to see someone take this to the next level.

An example would be great :grin:
Or is he?
Probably
Sonic The Hedgehog

Postby nicklausw » September 18th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Yeah, sure, he has god's examples, you think... blaucgh, too much Passion Pit and I start mentioning god...
my stuff
pong - sms/gb
sudoku - sega master system

next project - something for the nes, perhaps?[/b]
nicklausw

Postby chasegoree » September 20th, 2011, 1:54 am

Whens the next update?
Rockleeace is moi. Moi is n00b programmer. I like saying moi.
┏━━━┓
┃┏━━┛
┃┗━━┳━━┳┳━━┓
┃┏━━┫┏┓┣┫┏━┛
┃┗━━┫┗┛┃┃┗━┓
┗━━━┫┏━┻┻━━┛

Working on these titles
Gun Game viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2053
Teen Titans Beast Boys Adventure viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2105
Kingdom hearts pro skater viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2124
The Undead 4-Nazi Zombies viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2866
chasegoree

Postby Sonic The Hedgehog » September 20th, 2011, 3:58 am

chasegoree wrote:Whens the next update?

I dont thnk hes going to do a update
Or is he?
Probably
Sonic The Hedgehog

Postby chasegoree » September 22nd, 2011, 12:27 am

Sonic The Hedgehog wrote:
chasegoree wrote:Whens the next update?

I dont thnk hes going to do a update

aww
Rockleeace is moi. Moi is n00b programmer. I like saying moi.
┏━━━┓
┃┏━━┛
┃┗━━┳━━┳┳━━┓
┃┏━━┫┏┓┣┫┏━┛
┃┗━━┫┗┛┃┃┗━┓
┗━━━┫┏━┻┻━━┛

Working on these titles
Gun Game viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2053
Teen Titans Beast Boys Adventure viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2105
Kingdom hearts pro skater viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2124
The Undead 4-Nazi Zombies viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2866
chasegoree

Postby Nobody » September 24th, 2011, 11:54 pm

probably not, i came up with a way to save the blocks, but i couldn't get it implemented to load them as they are needed. also, i think i'm leaving the forum. not enough time to do dsgm and plus if i do go back to programming it will be with a different program

Recent Projects:
Nobody

Postby Bobbyloujo » September 25th, 2011, 2:50 am

NO!!!!! We can't lose more people who are actually good with DSGM :(
Bobbyloujo
Site Admin

Postby Sonic The Hedgehog » September 25th, 2011, 8:06 am

Nobody wrote:probably not, i came up with a way to save the blocks, but i couldn't get it implemented to load them as they are needed. also, i think i'm leaving the forum. not enough time to do dsgm and plus if i do go back to programming it will be with a different program

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Or is he?
Probably
Sonic The Hedgehog

PreviousNext

Return to Just for Fun